Chatter REST API
The Chatter REST API makes it easy to integrate mobile apps, intranet sites, and 3rd party Web applications with Chatter. The Chatter REST API provides resources for feeds, comments, likes, users, groups, private messages, and recommendations. The Chatter REST API is on by default in all organizations and editions that have Chatter.
This page is the primary resource page for the Chatter REST API.
Chatter REST API Learning Path
To begin learning about the Chatter REST API, follow this path.
- Chatter REST API Overview for Developers
- Chatter REST API Quick Start
- Getting Started with the Chatter REST API
Related Chatter REST API Resources
Here are some helpful resources for learning more about the Chatter REST API.
- Digging Deeper into OAuth 2.0 on Force.com (OAuth is necessary for Chatter REST API usage)
Webinars and Videos
- Developing Social Applications with the Chatter API
- API overview video presentation
- Use Case: The Chatter API (AKA Chatter Connect) at Burberry
- Lessons Learned Developing a Chatter Extension for Google Chrome (Dreamforce 2012)
- Integrating Chatter with Cloud Productivity Apps (Dreamforce 2012)
- Enabling the Real-Time Enterprise: Lessons Learned at Facebook (Dreamforce 2012)
- Multi-Org Chatter With Heroku (Dreamforce 2012)
- Socializing Enterprise Apps using Apex, Visualforce, and Chatter (Dreamforce 2012)
Code Samples, Libraries, and Best Practices
- Chatter API: Examples, Best Practices, and Tips
- Ruby/Rails gem for Chatter API and sobject REST API
- iOS sample code
- Rails + jQuery Mobile: Sample HTML5 Chatter client [ code | demo (login using any org credentials) ]
- Chatter Profile migration tool (Java)
- HTTP POST header and body example for feed post with file attachment
- Java Example - posting a feed item with a file attachment
- Ruby example of multipart post to the feed with file attachments