Developing Cloud Apps — Coding Optional
Force.com is the leading cloud platform that enables you to build applications with ease in record time with friendly point-and-click tools. Applications such as Excel and Access just don't cut it anymore. Complex spreadsheets and unwieldy databases can slow you down, but there is a better way that is simple and powerful.
With Force.com you can be productive immediately.
Force.com lets you build, execute, and deploy applications in the cloud quickly and easily.
With a point-and-click interface, you can create and modify application components, including:
- Build a data model and UI
- Build business logic
- Import and analyze data
Recommended Learning Path
To begin learning how to develop on the Force.com Platform, start with these quick hands-on tutorials:
- Quick Tutorial 1: Build a Cloud App in 5 Minutes
- Quick Tutorial 2: Build A Cloud Database — Add Fields to an Object
- Quick Tutorial 3: Build a Cloud Database — Create a New Object
- Quick Tutorial 4: Build a Cloud Database — Relate Objects
- Quick Tutorial 5: Build a Cloud Database — Enforce a Business Rule
- Quick Tutorial 6: Build a Cloud Database — Load Data
- Quick Tutorial 7: Customize a User Interface — Create Views of Data
- Quick Tutorial 8: Customize a User Interface — Modify a Page Layout
- Quick Tutorial 9: Customize a User Interface — Enable Social Collaboration
- Quick Tutorial 10: Customize a User Interface — Create a Report
- Quick Tutorial 11: Customize a User Interface — Create a Dashboard
- Quick Tutorial 12: Add Basic App Logic — Add A Workflow Rule
- Quick Tutorial 13: Add Basic App Logic — Add A Formula Field
- Quick Tutorial 14: Add Basic App Logic — Add A Rollup Summary Field
- Quick Tutorial 15: Add Basic App Logic — Create an Approval Process
- More to follow (coming soon)
For background read the following article series.
Here are some other helpful resources for learning to develop apps with Force.com.
- Webinars & Videos
- Books and Guides
- Discussion Boards