Developing Cloud Apps — Coding Optional
Force.com is the leading cloud platform that enables you to build applications with ease in record time with friendly point-and-click tools. Applications such as Excel and Access just don't cut it anymore. Complex spreadsheets and unwieldy databases can slow you down, but there is a better way that is simple and powerful.
With Force.com you can be productive immediately.
Force.com lets you build, execute, and deploy applications in the cloud quickly and easily.
With a point-and-click interface, you can create and modify application components, including:
- Build a data model and UI
- Build business logic
- Import and analyze data
Free Online Udacity Course
Salesforce.com has partnered with a leading MOOC platform, Udacity, to launch a FREE online course that teaches you how to build powerful web and mobile apps and host them in the cloud, without writing a line of code.
By the end of this short course (10 hours or less), you'll use the skills you've developed to conceptualize and create your own app. To get you there, your instructors will first help you build an app that could be used to manage logistics at a music festival. Though this is a very specific app use case, the skills you learn will be applicable to just about any business app you’d want to develop.
Start taking Introduction to Salesforce App Development today!
Recommended Learning Path
To begin learning how to develop on the Force.com Platform, start with these quick hands-on tutorials:
- Quick Tutorial 1: Build a Cloud App in 5 Minutes
- Quick Tutorial 2: Build A Cloud Database — Add Fields to an Object
- Quick Tutorial 3: Build a Cloud Database — Create a New Object
- Quick Tutorial 4: Build a Cloud Database — Relate Objects
- Quick Tutorial 5: Build a Cloud Database — Enforce a Business Rule
- Quick Tutorial 6: Build a Cloud Database — Load Data
- Quick Tutorial 7: Customize a User Interface — Create Views of Data
- Quick Tutorial 8: Customize a User Interface — Modify a Page Layout
- Quick Tutorial 9: Customize a User Interface — Enable Social Collaboration
- Quick Tutorial 10: Customize a User Interface — Create a Report
- Quick Tutorial 11: Customize a User Interface — Create a Dashboard
- Quick Tutorial 12: Add Basic App Logic — Add A Workflow Rule
- Quick Tutorial 13: Add Basic App Logic — Add A Formula Field
- Quick Tutorial 14: Add Basic App Logic — Add A Rollup Summary Field
- Quick Tutorial 15: Add Basic App Logic — Create an Approval Process
- More to follow (coming soon)
For background read the following article series.
Here are some other helpful resources for learning to develop apps with Force.com.