Force.com IDE Installation for Eclipse 3.6
Follow these instructions to install the Force.com IDE into Eclipse 3.6 (Helios). If you are already using a previous version of the IDE, see Updating the Force.com IDE.
For more information about the IDE, see the Force.com IDE main page.
- Supported operating system (List of supported platforms)
- Java SE Runtime Environment 5 (v1.5) or later (Java download page)
- Eclipse 3.6 - Helios (Eclipse 3.6.1 download site) - The 'Eclipse IDE for Java Developers' distribution is strongly recommended.
Also see the Release Notes.
Installation for Eclipse 3.6
The Force.com IDE installs into Eclipse using the built-in Install/Update wizard.
- Launch Eclipse, and then click Help > Install New Software....
- Add the Force.com IDE Remote Site:
- Click "Add Site". The Add Site dialog opens.
- Set the Name to "Force.com IDE" and the Location to "http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/", then click "OK."
- After you add the site, Eclipse will download the list of available plugins and display them in the Available Software dialog.
- Check the box next to the Force.com IDE plugin then click "Next"
- In the Install Details dialog, click "Next," then accept the terms and click "Finish." Eclipse will download and install the Force.com IDE and any required dependencies. When installation is complete, Eclipse will prompt you to restart. Click "Yes."
- Once Eclipse restarts, select Window > Open Perspective > Other and select "Force.com", then click "OK."
You are now ready to develop and customize Force.com applications in Eclipse!
Solutions to Common Problems
- Installation fails with the message, "No repository found at http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/. Error reading update site http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/."
- Configure Eclipse to use your proxy server. These settings can be found in your Eclipse Preferences, under General > Network Connections.
- Installation succeeds, but the "Force.com" perspective does not appear under Windows > Open Perspective > Other...
- Add the explicit path to the JRE in the eclipse.ini file that is in the directory where you installed Eclipse. The line should be "-vm <full path to your jre>\javaw.exe"
Attempting to install the Force.com IDE generates the following error:
Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency. Software being installed: Force.com IDE...
Move Eclipse to a folder other than Program Files. See this thread for more details.
Didn't find the answer to your problem? Get help from a product expert on the discussion forums.