Webinar: Heroku Postgres Cloud Database (2012-Aug)
Webinar: Heroku Postgres Cloud Database
Date: This webinar took place on August 23, 2012
Never worry about servers. Never worry about config files. Never worry about patches. Simply focus on your data with Heroku Postgres.
PostgreSQL is a powerful, reliable, and durable open-source SQL-compliant database. Now available as a fully-managed cloud database from salesforce.com, Heroku Postgres reduces the costs and administrative overhead compared to operating your own database. You can even create a database instance within seconds with a single click.
Watch this webinar to learn about:
- When to use Heroku Postgres versus Database.com
- What data you can and should store in Heroku Postgres
- Architecting your application with Heroku Postgres
- How to efficiently share data in your organization with Dataclips
- How to take advantage of features such as Fork and Follow to scale
- View the recorded webinar on YouTube and download the slide deck.
- View the FAQ for the webinar.
- If you have any questions, please post on the Discussion Boards.
- View the community discussion and other resources from the webinar via Storify.
- Sign up for a free Heroku Postgres account to experiment with the toolset.
- Try it out for yourself with the example data and queries used in this webinar.
- Matt Soldo - Director of Product Management, Heroku Postgres @mattsoldo
- Craig Kerstiens - Product Marketing Manager, Heroku Postgres @craigkerstiens