Webinar: How salesforce.com Uses Hadoop (2012-June)
Date: This webinar took place on June 13, 2012
Hadoop is the technology of choice for processing large data sets. At salesforce.com, we service internal and product big data use cases using a combination of Hadoop, Java MapReduce, Pig, Force.com, and machine learning algorithms.
Watch to learn about an internal use case and a product use case:
- Product Metrics: Internally, we measure feature usage using a combination of Hadoop, Pig, and the Force.com platform (Custom Objects and Analytics).
- Community-Based Recommendations: In Chatter, our most successful people and file recommendations are built on a collaborative filtering algorithm that is implemented on Hadoop using Java MapReduce.
- View the recorded webinar on YouTube and view/download the slide deck.
- View the FAQ for the webinar.
- If you have any questions, please post on the Discussion Boards.
- Narayan Bharadwaj - Data Science, salesforce.com @nadubharadwaj
- Jed Crosby - Data Science, salesforce.com @JedCrosby