Webinar: Intro to Apex Code (2012-July)
Webinar: Intro to Apex Code
Date: This webinar took place on July 24, 2012
Whether you are an experienced programmer or a salesforce.com administrator, Apex can help you get more out of the Force.com platform. Apex is the programming language of Force.com; it allows you to go beyond the point-and-click framework to add specialized and complex logic to your applications.
Watch this webinar to learn about:
- How administrators with no programming knowledge can write simple Apex triggers to complete their applications
- How programmers can utilize Apex to build complete application logic
- How programmers can use Apex to integrate Force.com applications with other systems
- View the recorded webinar on YouTube and download the slide deck.
- Download the sample UberJet application code from this webinar on Github.
- View the FAQ for the webinar.
- If you have any questions, please post on the discussion boards.
- View the community discussion and other resources from the webinar via Storify.
- Sign up for a free Developer Edition Org to experiment and learn Apex (and other Platform technologies) without affecting your live Production Salesforce instance.
- Complete the Apex Workbook. It has a series of short 30-minute tutorials that take you through a hands-on tour of the Apex programming language.
- Go to the Apex Resource page for many other learning resources for Apex.
- Participate in the Apex Discussion Board.
- If you need a more formal training setting, register for the Apex and Visualforce Controllers course for developers or the Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Force.com Code course if you are brand new to coding.
- Explore existing code snippets and the Cookbook section of developer.force.com to find samples for common Apex use cases.
- Josh Kaplan - Senior Product Manager, salesforce.com @joshsfdc
- Sandeep Bhanot - Senior Developer Evangelist, salesforce.com @cloudysan